Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Corbels Found!


This is my first blog post, I decided to start a blog because I have to many idea's, and so many projects going on at once so I thought it would help me with my ADHD. So this is how Im going to start, one project at a time, one room at a time, and hopefully before I know it, my house will be transformed haha!

I recently found four lovely old wood corbels in my grandfathers storage garage, since they are weather checked, faded, chipped, and really in poor shape I thought I'd take them and use them for brackets for shelving in one of our bathrooms. The bathroom use to be gold and brown (think 70's style) yuck! These are some before and afters of the corbels. Love them!

 Now I need to dig around in our barns and see if i can find a 2x12 board for the shelf portion. The hubby is not happy about trying to find a stud in the wall to connect these to, but the end result will totally be worth it! After I finish the second corbel Im off to start re-texturing the walls in the bathroom (yuck) I really hate the feel of slimy texture all over me and i hate the mess its going to create but, again just trying to push past the down side to the good side! I'll take pictures of the before and after of the bathroom/laundry room and post them next time!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What was the end result?

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great plan.
I am collecting corbels to dress up an old front porch.

Unknown said...

I'm a fiend for antique corbels and brackets. Have collected a bunch and using around my home.

Post a Comment